Whether you’re in a new office space or refurbishing your current office, you can increase your office productivity with an effective office design. The ideal office environment is a professional, functional and comfortable space. With an effective office design you can project to your clients that you are the best professional in your field to do business with.
Studies have revealed that office comfort and productivity are interrelated. It only takes a few changes in layout and organization to make your office environment comfortable and highly productive.
Here are some ways to improve office designs today:
- Use ergonomic furniture to improve health and comfort in the office. The functional design of ergonomic furniture will minimize bodily discomfort for employees that could distract them from their duties. Read Why is Ergonomic Office Furniture Beneficial To Employees? to learn about the health and productivity benefits of ergonomic furniture.
- Allow your employees to customize their workstations so they can work comfortably. You can do this by providing your employees keyboard trays, anti-glare screens, task lighting and footrests. These extra features will help your employees avoid repetitive stress injuries.
- Improve the overall flow of the office. There are ways to layout the office space to allow your employees to have easy access to office equipment and work teams, while still having enough space for individual comfort. Read Benefiting from The Feng Shui Office Furniture Setup for great tips on optimizing the comfort and productivity of your office.
- Use mobile furniture. This kind of furniture is adjustable and a great option for any growing business. Easily reconfigure your workstations and rearrange them in the office to always maintain comfort and productivity for all employees.
- Create a centralized area for shared office equipment. This includes fax machines, copiers and other noisy machinery. Not only will this help reduce auditory distraction for you employees but also it will improve office workflow and organization. Use panel systems, carpeting and ceiling tiles to absorb sound and enhance privacy for your employees to truly encourage the productivity of your staff.
No matter what you envision, Edwards & Hill is here to provide you quality furniture, great pricing and exceptional customer service. We can assemble your furniture; assist you with furniture project management and coordination services. We can also help you with interior design, space planning and more!
Edwards & Hill Office Furniture is a leading office planner and supplier for commercial companies, government agencies and individual consumers nationwide. We sell and install office furniture, as well as design and plan office layouts. We even help you relocate and handle planning, marketing, public relations, and film and video production.
Since 1998, when Managing Partner Tony Hill and Partner Hans Edwards founded Edwards & Hill Communications, we have provided clients with creative solutions to complex problems and know how to tailor our products and services to your specific needs.
To give one shining example of what you can expect when you retain the services of Edwards & Hill, we developed the office floor plan and supplied all custom office furniture, computers, audio/visual equipment, customer cueing system and electric lateral filing systems for the new Visitor Control Center (VCC) at Ft. George G. Meade Army Base in Maryland. These needs were specific and complex, and we met them to the great satisfaction of our customer. We also installed 74 rooms every 24 hours and completed the installation of 2000 guest rooms and suites at the Gaylord National Hotel on time. We brought it all together from start to finish and we can do the same for you.
Contact Edwards & Hill by clicking here or call us at 410.884.8450 today! We are here to serve you!