The office is a place you will spend the majority of your week inside. It is important that your office furniture optimizes your comfort and productivity at all times. To establish this type of office atmosphere, you need to position your office furniture in a way that will best benefit you. The principles of Feng Shui can help you setup your office furniture in a way that will reduce negative energy flow. This includes assisting you in clearing your mind and enabling you to make better decisions during the work-week.
Here are just a few principles of Feng Shui you should consider following:
- Position your office desk in clear sight of the doorway. This will enable you to see who is entering your office and help you protect and secure sensitive documents.
- Always provide adequate space between office furniture. This can be accomplished by leaving at least an 8-inch gap between your bookshelves, filing cabinet, desk and the wall.
- Arrange office chairs and sofas in a triangle that faces your desk. This will make your office desk become the center of attention and power in your room. However, be sure the office chairs are slightly facing one another to sustain positive flow of energy during meetings with clients and guests.
- Eliminate clutter from your office by keeping it organized while reducing negative energy flow. Clutter can be eliminated in your office by having items you regularly need on hand stored in an office cupboard or a bookshelf.
- Add hints of bright color to your office furniture and accessories to stimulate creativity and promote positive energy. An excellent color to use is red because it is favored by Chinese interior design as a color of prosperity.
By applying these Feng Shui principles, your work space will be cleaner, neater, and more productive. Enjoy a better work environment today by purchasing from Edwards & Hill Office Furniture.
No matter what you envision, Edwards & Hill is here to provide you quality furniture, great pricing and exceptional customer service. We can assemble your furniture; assist you with furniture project management and coordination services. We can also help you with interior design, space planning and more!
Edwards & Hill Office Furniture is a leading office planner and supplier for commercial companies, government agencies and individual consumers nationwide. We sell and install office furniture, as well as design and plan office layouts. We even help you relocate and handle planning, marketing, public relations, and film and video production.
Since 1998, when Managing Partner Tony Hill and Partner Hans Edwards founded Edwards & Hill Communications, we have provided clients with creative solutions to complex problems and know how to tailor our products and services to your specific needs.
To give one shining example of what you can expect when you retain the services of Edwards & Hill, we developed the office floor plan and supplied all custom office furniture, computers, audio/visual equipment, customer cueing system and electric lateral filing systems for the new Visitor Control Center (VCC) at Ft. George G. Meade Army Base in Maryland. These needs were specific and complex, and we met them to the great satisfaction of our customer. We also installed 74 rooms every 24 hours and completed the installation of 2000 guest rooms and suites at the Gaylord National Hotel on time. We brought it all together from start to finish and we can do the same for you.
Contact Edwards & Hill by clicking here or call us at 410.884.8450 today! We are here to serve you!