Whether it’s a conference room television or your personal office desk, keeping cable clutter hidden can go a long way toward improving your space. Scattered wires are not incredibly distracting, but present a potential fire hazard for you and your coworkers. Although fully integrating wires into your workspace’s design might be the most effective solution, there are a number of things you can do to manage wires. Here are a few handy solutions for reducing cable clutter.
- Cord management straps are one of the easiest and simplest solutions for putting away pesky but essential computer wires.
- For very long cables, a cable spool will let you tangle up cords without creating a cable nightmare in your office.
- If straps aren’t enough, you can get a cable management box to hide away power strips, cords, and wires.
- For television sets that are wall-mounted, boring a small hole in the drywall will allow you to bring wires to the desired height without creating a mess of things.
- Hide computer wires beneath your desk using binder clips. Binder clips are also a great way to keep plugs from falling off the back end of your desk every time you go to unplug something.
- Mount power strips on the underside of your desk. You can accomplish this easily by purchasing a drawer organizer and hang it from the bottom side of your desk. Then, fill it with your power strip.
- Area rugs can be used to hide cords and wires if your space didn’t come complete with floor outlets.
- Use fabric as an aesthetically pleasing cover for wires and other knick-knacks.
- Use a wire basket and zip ties to attach cords to the bottom of your desk and stay put.
- Cover wires that can’t be kept out of sight with rope or twine for a more stylish, rustic appearance.
- Where possible, choose wireless technologies! Many computer accessories are coming in more affordable bluetooth options, so one of the easiest ways to reduce cable clutter is simply to remove wires from the equation altogether.
Office Moving, Furniture and Planning from Edwards & Hill
Need help with your next office move? Edwards & Hill can help you plan and install. Edwards and Hill is a leading office, medical, and hospitality furniture supply and installation firm. We provide quality design and installation services that can fit any style and scale. If you’re interested in talking to a professional about any of our services contact us at 301-317-4250.